Learning Improvement Fund (LIF)
Please be advised that there is a change in the LIF hours per week from 60 minutes to 45 minutes per week.
The LIF allocations for the 2023-2024 school year are as follows:
- Elementary (Education Assistants, Indigenous Education Workers, and Youth Care Workers) – employees working 17.5-29.25 hours per week will receive 45 minutes per week (.75 LIF Hours per week)
- Secondary (Education Assistants, Indigenous Education Workers, and Youth Care Workers) – employees working 17.5-34.25 hours per week will receive 45 minutes per week (.75 LIF Hours per week)
What can the time be used for?
A number of the best practices have evolved. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborative planning with the classroom teachers outside the bookends of the school day
- Collaborative planning with the Learning Resource teachers or school counsellors
- Collaborative meetings with the school-based teams, consultants, district staff, or community service providers
- Review of the student’s IEP and related goals with the school team
- School-based staff meetings
- Creation of student materials
- Collaboration with other EAs, IEWs, and YCWs who share the responsibility for the learner
** LIF Time can not be used to supervise students.